At Payzone, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and keeping your details secure. This means that we’ll protect the personal information (“Data”) of all visitors who access our websites or services through any mobile application, platform or device (collectively, the “Site”).
We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how we may use your Data.
Payzone respect your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on the Site without your clear permission.
Payzone Ireland Ltd (hereinafter referred to as "Payzone" "us" "we" or "our") is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable Data Protection and privacy laws. Payzone Ireland Ltd is the “Data Controller” of all Data that is collected on the Site. Payzone is registered in Ireland with registration number 310110 and registered offices at Payzone, 4 Heather Road Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18, Ireland.
Payzone is owned by a joint venture between AIB Group plc and Fiserv Inc.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you. When you visit or use the Site in any way we may collect and process different types of information about you.
Personal Data is Data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This may include:
- Mobile number
- Vehicle registration
- Email address
- Payment details
- Information about your use of our website and App
- The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via, emails, phone, webchat and social media
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your mobile device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer.
This Data that you volunteer to us will be processed for the following purposes:
- To process parking payments and requests that you have made
- To contact you in response to communications you might send us
- To contact you from time to time via email or phone call in relation to the operation of your Parking Tag account
- To provide you with the information/service you have requested
- To provide information relating to your Payzone account
- To securely share parking data with car park operators or third party processors in order to complete or validate a parking transaction
- To retain a record of these payments and amendments to your account to enable you to view a history of your parking transactions and account
- To communicate with you, where consent has been given. Please note that Payzone will never share your details with any third parties for marketing purposes without clear consent and that you have the right to withdraw consent to direct marketing communications at any time and
- To send you email alerts and newsletters that you have opted-in to receive by filling in our online forms or contacting us by email or by other means.
- To comply with a legal obligation, for example: to report and respond to queries raised by regulatory authorities, law enforcement and other government agencies such as the Central Bank of Ireland and An Garda Síochána
- In accordance with Section 41(b) of the Data Protection Act 2018, we can share data for the purpose of “preventing, detecting, investigating or prosecuting criminal offences”.
This section outlines your rights as a Data Subject of Payzone. However, your rights may be restricted under the following circumstances
- Where it’s necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of criminal offences
- Where it’s necessary for the exercise or defence of a legal claim or proceedings.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding or using it.
to your Data ("Data Subject Access Request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information (“Data”) we hold about you and to confirm that we are processing it legitimately.
of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete Data we hold about you corrected.
of your Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Data where there is no reasonable explanation for us to continue to hold it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
Object to Profiling
that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you
Request the Restriction of Processing
of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Data about you.
Request a Transfer
of your Data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “Data Portability”).
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you to withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your information for the purpose you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Requests for this information may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Data Protection Officer, Payzone, Payzone House, 4 Heather Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
This right only applies to your own Data. When exercising this right, please be as specific as possible.
We will retain data for a period of two (2) years where an account is inactive. After this period all Data will be removed from our databases and servers. Transactional information will be held for a period of six (6) years.
Links to other Sites
Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the Privacy Policies of these other websites.
We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your Data. Any Data that you volunteer to Payzone, if retained, will be held on secure servers and will only be used to process a parking transaction, manage your account and to better our service offering.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your Data, and to protect it against accidental loss or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet. Payzone hold a Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS) certificate.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional securities as new technologies become available.
In the event that there is an interception or unauthorised access to your Data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use two types of cookies:
We use essential/necessary cookies that are required to carry out transactions on the website. You cannot disable these cookies without affecting the functioning of the website.
We use non-essential cookies to collect information for marketing and analytical purposes. These cookies are only used with your consent when you visit the website for the first time and you can withdraw that consent at any time.
An example of a non-essential cookie is a cookie that we use for Google Analytics:
Disclosure of your Data
We consider your Data to be private and confidential. Your Data may be shared within the Payzone Group for any of the purposes set out in this policy. We may share your data with third parties through a merger or acquisition process. In such instance, the new owners may use your personal data in the same manner as outlined in this privacy notice.
We may disclose your Data to trusted third parties to complete and/or validate a parking transaction. We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your Data, in line with Irish and EU Data Protection Laws.
If you would like to make a complaint about how your Data is being processed by Payzone, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint by email to email@example.com or in writing directly to;
Data Protection Officer
4 Heather Road,
Sandyford Industrial Estate,
You also have a right to complain to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois or by telephone at 1890 25 22 31 and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
For the purposes of the Data Protection legislation Payzone is the Data Controller of the Site.
Data Protection Officer
4 Heather Road,
Sandyford Industrial Estate,