What is Parking Tag?
Parking Tag is a convenient way to pay for parking using your mobile phone. No more searching for change or rushing to find a parking meter - Parking Tag will save you all that time and hassle. If you get delayed, Parking Tag allows you to extend your parking without returning to your car. We'll even send you a reminder 10 minutes before your parking expires - just in case you forget!
How does it work?
Once registered, you can use your phone to pay for parking in any Parking Tag location. You can pay by mobile app, SMS or phone call. Your vehicle registration is tagged on our system and enforcers determine valid parking by scanning your registration plate.
How do I get started?
Using Parking Tag is simple, just follow these 3 easy steps:
You will need to provide your vehicle registration number and debit/credit card details.
Once registered, you can use Parking Tag straight away. Park in any paid parking bay in any of the following Parking Tag locations:
- Arklow Town Council
- Dublin City Council
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
- Dún Laoghaire Harbour Company
- Fingal County Council
- South Dublin County Council
- Wicklow Town Council
Always check local signage and ensure you park safely and legally. All transactions must be confirmed to validate parking.
To pay, simply select your parking zone and the duration of your stay.Payment methods include:
- Mobile App
- SMS to 53311. Text format is PARK ZONE MINUTES REGISTRATION PLATE, e.g. Park Yellow 60 151D0000 = parking in the yellow zone for one hour or Park DA 1d 151D0000 = parking in zone DA for the day.
- Phone 01 244 9999
Check local signage for zone codes. In Dublin City, parking zones are defined by colour. Outside Dublin City, parking zones are defined by letters.
Please ensure that you ALWAYS receive text reminder when paying for parking. If you do not receive this your parking may not be valid. Please call 01 244 9999 to confirm valid parking.
What are the charges?
- Monthly Fee: 50c per vehicle
- SMS reminder: 20c per reminder. Motorists using the SMS service will automatically receive a reminder SMS. Phone and Mobile App users can select to receive as required.