Terms & Conditions
By paying for parking or establishing a Parking Tag Account with Parking Tag (as the case may be), You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and the Web Site Terms and Privacy Statement which are available at the following link(s), which govern the use of the Service. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
“Account Application Form” means the application form to be completed by individuals that wish to open a Parking Tag Account;
"Account Maintenance Charges" means the monthly administration fee of €0.50 plus VAT per registered vehicle payable to Parking Tag by Registered Users and may be adjusted by Parking Tag at any time on the giving of 10 days’ prior notice to Registered Users;
"Agreement" means these terms and conditions, and in the case of Registered Users together with the Account Application Form, as may be amended and supplemented from time to time;
“App” means the Parking Tag smartphone application available on Android and iOS;
“Charge to Mobile” means the payment option available to Unregistered Users that permits Unregistered Users to charge parking payment(s) to mobile phone, pre or post pay accounts;
“Customer Service Centre” means the dedicated Parking Tag contact centre, established to manage, resolve and respond to customer queries;
"External Payment Operator" means a tag service which may be made available to You by external operators, such as mobile phone and toll operators;
“Fees” means to the extent applicable in each case the Parking Fees and SMS Fees;
“IVR” means phone technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and DTMF tones input via keypad;
"Low Balance Level" means the low balance level specified by Registered Users in the Account Application Form;
"Mandate" means a direct debit or other continuous authority mandate authorising the payment to Parking Tag of that amount specified by Registered Users in the Account Application Form;
"Misuse" means a failure to act in accordance with Parking Bye-laws or in accordance with the rules of the Parking Facility and/or the provisions of this Agreement including such other acts or omissions that Parking Tag may specify and notify to You from time to time;
"Other Payment Methods", means in respect of Fees and Processing Fees, payment made by means other than a Mandate including by credit card, debit card or Charge to Mobile;
"Parking Bye-laws" means the Bye-laws, at any time, made by a local authority in respect of any Parking Facility;
"Parking Facility" means any Parking Zone, private car park accepting Parking tag as a method of paying for Parking Fees, including a Parking Scheme or other service which may be used by You to park a vehicle;
"Parking Fees" means the parking fees payable by You for the use of a Parking Facility;
"Parking Scheme" means any parking service provided by a car parking operator accepting Parking Tag as a method of paying for Parking Fees;
“Parking Tag” means Payzone Ireland Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries and includes their assignees;
“Parking Tag Account” means an account maintained or held with Parking Tag;
"Parking Transaction" means the payment of a Parking Fee by You to park in a Parking Facility for a defined time period;
“Parking Zone” means the applicable area/street/road in respect of the use of which a Parking Fee is payable in order to park a vehicle and which must be selected by You to use the Service;
"Pay and Display Meters" means the physical pay and display machines located on streets/roads or in car parks or zones where Parking Fees can be paid;
"Processing Fee" means the fee charged to Unregistered Users to activate a Parking Transaction in addition to the Parking Fee;
“Registered User” means a person or entity who maintains or holds a Parking Tag Account;
“Service” means the pre-payment service provided by Parking Tag that permits You to pay Parking Fees for a Parking Zone;
“Service Centre Agent” means an employee of Parking Tag who works in the Customer Service Centre;
"SMS" means a communication service between You and Parking Tag, using standardised communications protocols allowing the interchange of short text messages between mobile telephone devices;
“SMS Fees” means those fees specified in Clause 16 of this Agreement;
"Statement" means a monthly Parking Tag Account statement which can be accessed by Registered Users via the Website stating: (i) Fees plus Account Maintenance Charges received by Parking Tag from Registered Users, (ii) the total number of Parking Transactions, and (iii) such other information as Parking Tag may deem appropriate from time to time.
"Top Up" means the amount credited in the Parking Tag Account in advance of Parking Transactions and used to pay Fees and Account Maintenance Charges;
“Unregistered User” means a person or entity who uses the Service from time to time without creating a Parking Tag Account;
“Website” means www.parkingtag.ie;
"You" means Registered and Unregistered Users.
1.1 In this Agreement:
- references to persons shall include bodies corporate and unincorporated, associations, partnerships and individuals;
- references to statutes or statutory provisions or regulations include references to any orders or regulations made thereunder and references to any statute, statutory provision, orders or regulations made thereunder include that statute, statutory provision, order or regulation as amended, modified, re-enacted or replaced from time to time;
- references to cent, euro or EUR shall mean the lawful currency for the time being of Ireland;
- references to the masculine gender shall, unless the context otherwise requires, include the feminine gender and vice-versa;
- references to any agreement (including this Agreement), document or other instrument includes a reference to that agreement, document or instrument as amended, supplemented, substituted, novated or assigned;
- any reference to Parking Tag (other than in relation to entitlement to receive payments) shall include persons acting on behalf of Parking Tag in connection with this Agreement;
- headings and sub-headings to clauses are for information only and shall not form part of the operative provisions of this Agreement and shall be ignored in construing it; and
- where a Registered User or Unregistered User consists of two or more persons all the respective covenants of this Agreement shall be deemed to be given by such persons joint and severally.
2. Acceptance, Collection of Fees and Charges
2.1 Parking Tag reserves the right to notify You of any update to the Service by SMS or email. Parking Tag also reserves the right to include advertising material in respect of Parking Tag if it so wishes on such emails and SMS.
2.2 Registered Users
In order to open a Parking Tag Account, Registered Users shall complete an Account Application Form via the Website, via the App or by providing all necessary details to the Customer Service Agent by contacting the Customer Service Centre to allow it to complete the Account Application Form including:
- all details required by Parking Tag in relation to the Mandate; and
- authorising Parking Tag to undertake the automatic collection of the nominated Top Up when the Parking Tag Account reaches the nominated Low Balance Level.
2.3 Parking Tag shall be entitled and Registered Users hereby authorise Parking Tag to deduct Fees and Account Maintenance Charges and other sums and charges due to it pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, from the funds received from him/her from time to time, as the same shall be incurred. The charges which Parking Tag may deduct pursuant to this Clause 2.3 shall (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) include such charges as Parking Tag may notify to a Registered User from time to time including but not limited to charges in connection with any Misuse or the issue of additional Statements or reports to a Registered User.
2.4 In advance of using the Service, Unregistered Users shall select a method of payment for the Service and provide payment details to Parking Tag. Unregistered Users hereby authorise Parking Tag to debit the credit/debit card provided or in the case of Charge to Mobile to instruct the mobile phone operator to deduct Fees together with the Processing Fees as specified by the Unregistered User when using the Service.
2.5 Unregistered Users shall ensure that he/she has sufficient funds available on your credit card or debit card or mobile phone account, as the case may be, to enable payment of all amounts due to Parking Tag in order to use the Service.
2.6 Parking Tag shall act as a collection agent on behalf of the operators of Parking Facilities in relation to the collection of Parking Fees from You. Unless otherwise stated, this Agreement is between Parking Tag and You.
2.7 In circumstances where a Registered User has a Parking Tag Account with Parking Tag through an External Payment Operator, Parking Tag shall be entitled to charge Registered Users Fees plus Account Maintenance Charges and other sums and charges due to it pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, through External Payment Operators existing billing platforms.
The fees that Parking Tag may charge External Payment Operators under this Clause 2.7 shall (without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) include any/all such charges as Parking Tag may notify from time to time in connection with Misuse or the issue of additional statements or reports to Registered Users.
2.8. It is acknowledged that:
- a Registered User is responsible for ensuring that their Parking Tag Account(s) is in credit and if the Service, including the App, does not operate, for example, by reason of their Parking Tag Account not being in credit, Registered Users will have to pay the Parking Fee in cash or by Other Payment Methods when using the relevant Parking Facility;
- if a Registered User cancels or alters a Mandate, he/she shall within 24 hours notify Parking Tag of such cancellation or alteration;
- Parking Tag may request Registered Users to adjust the Top Up paid by Registered Users in circumstances where Parking Fee’s are adjusted by the operator of a Parking Facility;
- Registered Users are not entitled to interest on any sums actually received by Parking Tag pursuant to the terms of this Agreement;
- the Parking Fee payable by You in respect of the use of any Parking Facility may be adjusted from time to time by the operator of a Parking Facility and any such adjustments shall become immediately binding upon You;
- Parking Tag does not set Parking Fees. Parking Fees are calculated by reference to the relevant legislation and applicable Bye-laws or by operators of private car parks or External Payment Operators, as the case may be;
- Parking Tag accepts no responsibility or liability for any increases to Parking Fees;
- upon receipt by Parking Tag of a Parking Fee, that payment shall be the same as if the payment was made directly to the operator of the Parking Facility;
- You are responsible for providing Parking Tag with the correct information at all times, including your name, email, vehicle registration number, mobile telephone number, and method of payment details;
- You are responsible for ensuring that the Parking Zone indicated on the App, on the SMS sent to Parking Tag or entered on the IVR is the correct Parking Zone and that You are purchasing a ticket for the Parking Zone or area where You wish to park;
- You are responsible for ensuring that all information provided to Parking Tag in respect of the Service is correct. Parking Tag does not accept responsibility for inaccurate information provided by You to Parking Tag;
- it is the responsibility of Registered Users to ensure that where more than one vehicle is registered to a Parking Tag Account that the correct vehicle is selected by Registered Users for the relevant Parking Transaction;
- in the event You select an incorrect location or park a vehicle other than the vehicle registered for your Parking Tag Account or that You enter an incorrect vehicle registration number to that Parking Transaction, You will be responsible for any penalty charge notice issued. You are responsible for ensuring that each Parking Transaction is confirmed;
- Parking Tag does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage incurred by You or your property (including your vehicle) whilst using or on a Parking Facility;
- Parking Fees incurred using Parking Tag will be billed by External Payment Operators to their customers;
- so long as a Registered User has a Parking Tag Account, a Statement shall be available to the Registered User via the Website. On request by Registered Users, Parking Tag may also provide a Statement to Registered Users by post or email. Unregistered Users shall receive a receipt by email after every Parking Transaction;
- whilst Parking Tag makes every effort to ensure that Fees are accurate, You accept that miscalculations in Parking Tag Account balance may occur. In such circumstances, Parking Tag maintains the right to make adjustments, without notice, where evidence can be provided that the adjustment is appropriate; and
- in circumstances where a request for payment of a Top Up amount is rejected or Parking Tag is not credited with the amount when requested, the Registered User shall discharge and be liable for any/all costs or charges incurred by Parking Tag in connection from that rejected payment.
2.9 Some mobile operators have implemented specific daily and monthly limits controlling the amount spent with any unique mobile, Unregistered Users are responsible to consider all such limitations when availing of the Charge to Mobile option.
In the case of a Registered User who registers for a Parking Tag Account via the Website, via the App or by telephone to a Customer Service Centre, such Registered User may be entitled to exercise a statutory right of cancellation of the order.
4.1 Parking Tag reserves the right to suspend a Parking Tag Account or usage of the Service for any breach of the terms of this Agreement.
4.2 In circumstances where the balance on a Parking Tag Account has fallen below the Low Balance Level, Parking Tag will, using the payment details provided by the relevant Registered User, and is hereby authorised by a Registered User to automatically seek a further payment from that Registered User to bring the Parking Tag Account back to that Registered User's Top-Up amount as chosen by the Registered User in its Account Application Form. In the event of a payment failure or any rejection of the payment and if a Registered User chooses not to Top Up their Parking Tag Account, Parking Tag may provide notice that a Low Balance Level has been reached.
4.3 Parking Tag reserves the right to suspend, terminate or refuse to provide You with Services for a valid reason, including but not limited to failing to pay Fees, Accountant Maintenance Charges and Processing Fees (as the case may be) or using an invalid payment method or credit/debit card details.
5.1 The Agreement or the right to use a Parking Tag Account may be terminated at any time by notice from Parking Tag to a Registered User:-
- if having provided Parking Tag with a completed Mandate, the Registered User has cancelled or altered his/her Mandate for whatever reason;
- if 14 days or more (or such other reasonable term as Parking Tag may determine from time to time) have elapsed from the suspension of a Parking Tag Account pursuant to Clause 4 and the Registered User has failed to ensure that the Parking Tag Account holds at least the Low Balance Level;
- if the Registered User has, in the opinion of Parking Tag, Misused or failed to use the Service correctly or allocated or made fraudulent or any other unauthorised or illegal use or other use not in accordance with this Agreement;
- where a petition for bankruptcy is filed against the Registered User, or the Registered User goes bankrupt or is otherwise unable to pay their debts as they fall due or, as appropriate, an encumbrancer lawfully takes possession (and does not relinquish possession within 30 days) or an examiner or receiver or liquidator is validly appointed in respect of the assets of the Registered User or an examinership order is made in respect of the Registered User or an order or an effective resolution is passed for the winding-up of the Registered User;
- if the Registered User is in breach of any of the terms of this Agreement and if such breach is incapable of remedy or, if capable of remedy, such default continues unremedied for 10 days after notice thereof has been given by Parking Tag to the Registered User.
5.2 The Agreement or the right to use a Parking Tag Account may be terminated at any time by notice from Parking Tag to the Registered User or the Registered User to Parking Tag, providing one week’s written notice of an intention to terminate.
5.3 Parking Tag reserves the right to block Unregistered Users from using the Service.
5.4 Unless a third party agrees with Parking Tag to take an assignment or otherwise accept the benefit and burden of Parking Tag in this Agreement, the Agreement will automatically terminate when all contracts entered into by Parking Tag which entitle You to use or have access to Parking Facilities come to an end and are not renewed. In any event Parking Tag shall notify You before or upon the happening of the relevant event.
5.5 Upon receipt of a notice of termination:- in circumstances where Parking Tag holds funds in respect of a Parking Tag Account to the credit of a Registered User, Parking Tag shall thereafter send a cheque or make a card refund made payable to the Registered User for the sum equivalent to the funds standing in credit on that Parking Tag Account.
5.6 Any termination of this Agreement pursuant to this Clause 5 shall be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies accrued to the parties hereto.
6.1 Where a party is required to send a notice to the other party pursuant to this Agreement or otherwise wishes to communicate with the other party such notice or communication may be served, in the case of a notice from You to Parking Tag by email to PTSupport@parkingtag.ie or, in the case of the Registered User by posting by recorded delivery post or email (where an email address has been provided by You) to the address last notified to Parking Tag.
6.2 Any notice or other communication so served shall be deemed duly served forty-eight hours after delivery or at the time of transmission or sending depending upon whether it is sent by post or by email respectively.
6.3 If such notification is by telephone or in person it will only be effective if confirmed by notice served in accordance with this Clause 6 within 7 days.
6.4 Parking Tag may also notify You of changes to this Agreement by publishing a notice of such changes on the Website provided however that such changes shall not come into effect until at least 10 days after such publication or by contacting You through your email address.
7. Changes to Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of this Agreement may be changed, altered or supplemented by Parking Tag at any time and any such changes will be notified (in accordance with Clause 6.4) to the Registered User prior to coming into effect.
Parking Tag shall be entitled to assign, transfer, charge or otherwise deal with the Parking Tag Account or the rights, benefits and burdens hereunder. The Registered User shall not be entitled to transfer, charge or otherwise deal with the Parking Tag Account.
9. Data Protection
9.2 Any information given by You in relation to any loss, theft or misuse may be passed on to the relevant authorities together with any other information Parking Tag considers relevant to the operation of a Parking Scheme.
9.3 Details of your Parking Transaction and recent parking history may be shared with parking operators for the purposes of assessing existence of a valid ticket or for support purposes.
10.1 The following provisions set out Parking Tag's entire liability to You in respect of:
- any breach of its contractual obligations arising under this Agreement; and
- any representation, statement, act of tort, act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with this Agreement; and
- the use of the Service by You.
10.2 Parking Tag shall not accept liability to You in respect of direct damage to the tangible property belonging to You resulting from the use of the Service or a Parking Facility. Under no circumstances will Parking Tag be responsible for or accept liability of any kind arising from Misuse. This does not affect your statutory rights.
10.3 Parking Tag shall have no responsibility to You in respect of any penalty (of whatsoever nature) incurred by You whilst using a Parking Facility including but not limited to fixed penalty notices and clamping.
10.4 To the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all liabilities of Parking Tag (whether under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Service (including any and all penalties received by You in respect of parking) are hereby excluded.
10.5 Parking Tag shall not be liable to You in respect of any loss of profits, goodwill or any type of special, indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused (including, loss or damage suffered by You as a result of an action brought by a third party and/or operator of a Parking Facility).
10.5 Nothing in this Clause 10 shall confer any right or remedy upon You to which You would not otherwise be legally entitled.
10.6 Except as expressly stated herein, all conditions, warranties, representations and/or undertakings, express or implied, statutory or otherwise are excluded.
11.1 No omission or delay on the part of Parking Tag in exercising any of its rights, powers or privileges hereunder shall operate as a waiver, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof of any other right, power or privilege.
11.2 The rights and remedies herein are cumulative with and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
12. Entire Terms and Conditions
12.1 The terms and conditions set out herein together with:
- the Account Application Form (in the case of Registered Users);
- the Frequently Asked Questions outlined and which may be published by Parking Tag from time to time;
- the Web Site Terms and Conditions; and
- the Parking Tag Privacy Statement,
constitute all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
12.2 You acknowledge that You have not relied upon any representation save for any set out in this Agreement.
13. Governing Law
The interpretation of this Agreement shall be governed by Irish Law and You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Each of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall be severable and distinct from each other and if one or more of such provisions is adjudged by any court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof and of that provision in any other jurisdictions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
15. Service unavailability
If Parking Tag experiences any interruption which temporarily prohibits You from accessing the Service and/or the App it remains the responsibility of the Registered User or Unregistered User (as the case may be) to pay for parking using existing Pay and Display Meters. Parking Tag is not responsible for any technical failures including but not limited to loss of signal to a mobile device.
16. SMS Services
16.1 SMS reminders are provided as a reminder to You that a Parking Transaction is due to expire. It is the your responsibility to ensure that You have sufficient parking time paid for in the Parking Facility. SMS reminders are charged at the rate of EUR 20c each (or such other amount as may be determined by Parking Tag from time to time and notified to You).
16.2 If You are availing of the SMS service, You must ensure to follow the correct steps outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions contained on the App or Website. Failure to follow the correct steps may result in a standard fixed penalty notice or the vehicle may be clamped. Parking Tag accepts no responsibility for failure to follow the correct steps or for failure to input correct details.
16.3 Parking Tag reserve the right to charge a Registered User or Unregistered User for any undelivered SMS or, in the case of SMS reminders, SMS delivered after the Parking Transaction expires.
16.4 Standard network charges apply for SMS sent by You to Parking Tag. Parking Tag may apply an additional SMS service fee. Any additional SMS service fee will be notified to You by publishing a notice regarding same on the Website and any additional fees shall not come into effect until at least 10 days after such publication.
16.5 SMS Receipts/Reminders: If the SMS cannot be delivered to the recipient’s phone, it is queued by the cellular service for later retry. When it is retried, how often, and for how long, all depend on the cellular service i.e. your mobile network. In circumstances where the recipient loses signal only for a few seconds, that could cause an SMS to be undeliverable and queued, and not delivered until some unspecified time in the future. Therefore, You are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is legally parked. If You are in doubt You may call 01 244 9999 to verify if there is a valid parking ticket for a vehicle.
16.6 SMS are not always guaranteed to be delivered: SMS is a “store and forward” technology that depends on various cellular carriers and their networks. As such, individual messages are not guaranteed to arrive at their destinations and can also be delayed.
16.7 Registered Users using the Service by SMS and Unregistered Users availing of the Charge to Mobile option will automatically receive an SMS reminder charged at EUR 20c.
17. Dormant Accounts
When a Parking Tag Account has been inactive for a continuous period of 24 months, that Parking Tag Account will be deemed to be dormant. Any remaining funds will be removed from the Parking Tag Account and, if applicable, the Parking Tag Account will be cancelled.
Parking Tag reserves the right to refuse a refund on any Fees, Account Maintenance Charges and/or Processing Fees.
19. Force Majeure
If the use of the Service or any Parking Facility is prevented or hindered by any matter beyond the control of Parking Tag including but not limited to acts of God, acts of government, strikes, lockouts, industrial disputes, winds, fire, lightning, aircraft, explosion, flooding, drought, riots, civil commotions, acts of war, malicious mischief or theft then the performance of the Agreement shall be suspended without any liability on the part of Parking Tag until such prevention or hindrance comes to an end.
20. Use of Mobile Phones
Please note that operating a mobile phone or any other device while driving can be dangerous and we advise You not to use this Service while operating a vehicle. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless from any or all liability whatsoever for any harm, loss or injury related to use of this Service or the Parking Tag Account while operating any kind of vehicle.